Monday 6 January 2014

My Lover


Like the beating of a drum the pulse of which only he and I understand, he is the beat my soul dances to.

He is the light and dark that fills my colorful world, ever present but not a distraction, the accent and contrast that emboldens natural shades.

You see, my lover is a mystery I haven't solved and an enigma I gladly allow to just be without changing himself or changing me.
You see, he without knowing it has reinforced my belief in me...no matter how temporarily

With his love alongside mine I walk solidly on the ground and let each footfall imprint on Mother Earth every physical desire he satisfies mentally.
A transfer of energy so profound it leaves me; its source so empty yet so full.
Succour to my roots which cry out for him so needlessly because I am he and he is me.

My lover, he is a conundrum ,an oxymoron, a contradiction ,an idiom. A perfect anomaly. A song no singer is brave enough to sing.

He loves me deep enough for it to be shallow.
Wide like a thin river reed.
Piercingly like the soft sliver of each morning's new sun.
He fills me up til he leaves me hungering for him to starve me.
He loves so purely and innocently that his kisses stab like the roughly sharpened knives of savages.
He loves so expertly that he turns my virgin chastity into his pagan whore.
He enthralls me with his simplicity and the extravagance of his being.
He is conflicted by my moods but has never stopped allowing me to feel.
He is the balm my soul needs to cure itself of the wounds his curse causes.
He is the cold stormy weather that keeps me warm and protected.
My praise singer but my closest confidante.
He traps me and sets me free.
He treats me like I am made of the finest breakable gold yet he heats and polishes me exposing every scar in my core.

My lover is everything I am to me.
My lover is an older,more experienced version of me.

My lover, he inspires me.
My lover might leave but he will never leave me.
My lover is under my skin, his name written deep in my arteries.

My lover is my refuge,my secret, my nemesis! 


( Follow me on Twitter : @mazituwe )

3 comments :