Tuesday 7 January 2014

He Will Sit On A Rug



So I snatched up a shapeless black polo-neck and a red pencil skirt paired with some colourful heels because if there is one thing I know -I have it is great pins even mama said this. Honed from years of field hockey and an obsession with loooooooooong walks so why not flaunt these? At 22:10 I was getting got.

Having been got we proceeded to a restaurant nearby and sat at (what I didn't know at the time would become) 'our table'. Being a Sunday we had no business still being there around 1-2am but the talking and laughing was on a level you would never get. We had not gone alone but we might as well have done. My sister faded into oblivion while Nemesis and I giggled ourselves sore.

I should have run right there and then but this man's After Sales Service is on steroids. 

He gets home and calls to say thank you and goodnight. As if that wasn't enough, he calls again in the morning piping about how great a time last night had been. Can we do it again?

I hmmmm and I hawwwww but he says no I don't mean a chill session like last night I want to take you out for dinner. To be honest I wasn’t very taken by this whole dinner story, I can feed myself quite okay thank you very much!

But this stupid happy for no reason feeling and the addictive painful ribs almost yanked me in that direction, nonetheless out we went. Dinner was great however little of it went in as the talking was nonstop. My cheeks hurt by the time he dropped me off hours later and gave my hand a friendly goodnight squeeze I had invited him to dinner on Thursday at my place.

Nemesis...

Dinner...

By my invite

...In my bare,  chair less  bachelor flat??? 

What the flying purple polka dotted with turquoise  f*ck was I thinking

I was freaking out! What had I done, why had I done it? Where was he going to sit? What was I going to cook? Here I was about to have a dignified gentleman in my house, with no seating beyond a mattress on the floor. I had just moved into this flat on Saturday from a fully furnished flat that I had stayed in longer than a year because of my sister’s sudden arrival they could no longer accommodate me.

Believe me, I mean there was NOTHING in that flat! But I just thought what the heck I ain’t about impressing nobody; he will sit on a rug

Having decided this I neatly packed my lower lip to my nose in steely determination and folded my arms across my chest, not like I could cancel anyway.*shrug*

( Follow me on Twitter : @mazituwe )

4 comments :

  1. Such writting of surpassing excellence.....ringing and sharp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback, things are about to heat up ;)

      Delete
  2. He will sit on a rug....ha ndaombera..ndafarira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Folded 2 in one mission with back against wall, it was a sight. I'm thankful I hadn't been to his house yet but sat on my floor like it was a daily occurance. When I did finally see his house I was even more humbled/ in awe of him

    ReplyDelete